About Gift Aid
If you are a UK tax payer you can increase the value of your donation by completing the form right, we take care of the rest, its as simple as that. You will be helping SGHT maximise our funding and continue to fund the important projects we undertake.
Gift Aid will allow us to reclaim tax on behalf of the South Georgia Heritage Trust.
You must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax that the charity reclaims on your donations in the tax year. You will be responsible for the payment of any shortfall if your tax payment is insufficient.
Completion of this form does not place you under any obligation to commit in the future but, should you decide to do so, the form need not be completed again.
Important Notes on Gift Aid, please read:
- The declaration would Gift Aid a current or future donations you may give to SGHT.
- Under Gift Aid rules, you must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax that the charity reclaims on your donations in the tax year. Currently that is 25p in every £1 you donate. You will be responsible for the payment of any shortfall if your tax payment is insufficient.
- You can cancel a Gift Aid declaration at any time by notifying the SGHT using this link cancel subscription
- If in future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains equals to the tax that the SGHT reclaims, you can cancel your declaration.
- If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your self-assessment tax return.
- If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief, please ask your local tax office for leaflet IR 65.
- Please notify the SGHT if you change your name and address.
- Visit https://www.gov.uk/donating-to-charity/gift-aid for more information on Gift Aid.
If you prefer, you can print out and complete this form to mail back with a cheque.
Make a tax deductible donation for South Georgia via our affiliate organisation Friends of South Georgia Island in Colorado USA. Use the link below to find out more information.